Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween, Samhain, All Hallow's Eve, whatever you want to call it. :)

I worked, and I saw exactly one person check into the hotel in the 6 hours I worked. Needless to say... it was a little slow! My manager and I passed the time by watching Hocus Pocus on ABC Family. We were going to watch The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, as well, but we missed it. Dang. :/

On the bright side, though, I got to dress up and come to work in costume and that was pretty awesome. All month, everyone has requested off for Halloween except for me, because I desperately needed the hours. All October, the managers and owners have said "No, NO costumes. NO Halloween make up with your uniform. NO exceptions!" and on Monday, they relented. OK, OK, just keep it modest.

Awesome!

So, with such short noticed, I just wore what I wore last year; I was a gypsy! I had a black peasant skirt, and black tank top and black flats. I wore a red lace bolero tie cropped jacket thingy, and a red sarong with silver coins sewn on it. I had a red headband with silver coins sewn on it and I wore my hair down and curly. Heavy black eye makeup (eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara) and red lipstick, along with an eyeliner-drawn "mole" on my cheek completed the look. Chunky red rings, bracelets, and necklaces added to the ensemble.





I was the only one in costume at work, but that's okay. I had FUN.







Today, though... Ugh...

Winter has realized November is here, I think. Today, we had no high temperature. The temperature has only steadily declined all day. At 12:05AM, it was 39F, and it only got colder. We're currently sitting at about 32F. Although I LOVE Samhain/Halloween, I'm almost anxious for Christmas. I haven't been anxious for Christmas in years!

Last year, in Texas, we didn't have a winter. I think it got to 30F a few nights in January. I didn't wear anything heavier than a hoodie and gloves. And now, it's November and as cold as it was in January in Texas. And it's only going to proceed to get colder. So last year, it never really got cold so it never really felt like Christmas. But now because it's so cold, I'm ready for Father Christmas to come!

On that note, I think I'm going to go make some hot cocoa (from a package!) and maybe some applesauce. I found this neat slow cooker recipe for applesauce on Pinterest, and it looks easy enough.

I'll let you know how it goes, shall I? :)

UPDATE: The applesauce was DELICIOUS. Recipe can be found here! :) I didn't make it in a slow cooker, but a pot on the stove. Sooo tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment