Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Why, You Little Monkey...

So since I'm working the night shift, I'm on a nocturnal schedule. I go to bed between 9AM and 10AM and wake up around between 4PM and 6PM. Even when I don't work, I don't want to mess up my sleeping pattern, so I keep these hours all the time.

When I'm off work, though... There is nothing to do.

See, all the TV networks stop showing programs between 3 and 5AM and switch to that paid programming crap. There's only so many movies I can stand to watch. I prefer to save my reading for my downtime at work. Video games are an option, but it's more fun when people are online and most folks sleep at those hours. So, between about 4AM and 7AM, there's three hours of NOTHING to do.

So the other day, I baked some monkey bread to eat up some time (har har).

If you've never heard of monkey bread... BOY are you missing out!

I learned how to make this in 7th grade Home Ec. It's very simple and GREAT for the kids to help with. It can be a great "breakfast" to make on Thanksgiving or Christmas. The hardest part is cutting up the biscuits into quarters, and the worst part is waiting for it to bake. :) Here's the link to the official recipe. Oh, and if you don't have a fluted pan don't worry. This can easily be made in cupcake tins, meatloaf pan, etc. You could probably even use a casserole dish! It's LOADED with sugar, which is why I put breakfast in quotes. It's not a nutritious, well-balanced breakfast, but some days out of the year I just don't care. Holidays and sick days tend to be some of those days. :)

Also, speaking of me being nocturnal and being up all hours... This is the first time in many years I'll actually get to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It starts at 9AM Eastern, and 8AM Central. I'll have just enough time to get home from work, change clothes, make some breakfast and look at balloons floating through NYC!

I probably won't post on Thanksgiving Day, so....

May the gods and the universe bless you and your family many fortunes and abundant happiness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment